Saturday, October 5, 2013

NFL: Philadelphia Eagles - 10 Greatest Games



Eagles 10 greatest games
First let me start off by saying that I am a New York Jets fan all the way. Bleed Green & white. However the Eagles are my second favorite team for 2 reasons. My aunt and uncle are Eagles fans, and I love Eagles fans because they are just as wild, and a lot of times wilder then Jets fans. Anyway this can't be a greater 10 game series because half of the games on here are actual classics. Here are the games.

1. Eagles vs Giants November 19th, 1978: Miracle at the Meadowlands( I don't need to say anything else)

2.Eagles vs Cowboys January 11th, 1981: The first championship game the Eagles won in the Super Bowl era which got them to the big dance for the first time.

3. Eagles vs Redskins September 17th 1989: Eagles rally at the last minute to score a game winning TD in a 42-37 shoot out

4. Eagles vs Redskins November 12th 1990: Buddy Ryan was quoted 5 days before the game saying " they will get a beating so severe that they will be carted off...

Redskins fan here...will order this
ordering this for the two games vs. Washington:

- 1989 loss in Washington, where Gerald Riggs ran like a wildman for 220yds, but was undone by a game-deciding fumble for the 2nd consecutive game that season (and he was never the same runner thereafter).

- 1990 "Bodybag Game", which saw Washington lose both quarterbacks, and had to resort to using then-rookie Brian Mitchell (college option QB) under center; even so, he did captain a TD-scoring drive. This game is a fitting homage to that super-crappy artificial turf (or green concrete, really) in the Vet.

Great collection
A great resource for a fan like me from outside the US who has vague memories of some of these classic games or wanted to see the games I'd only ever heard about (ala The Bodybag game). I think I'll get most use out of this collection in the off season when I need my Eagles fix. My only request would have been to have had the 'pickle juice game' against Dallas added to this set at the expense of one of the other less memorable games as that is one of my own personal favourites.

All the games are good quality as per the original TV broadcast and have been well editted for a seamless view of each game, the ideal way to watch. Highly recommended for any Eagles fan.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment