Friday, October 4, 2013

A Wind at My Back Christmas/An Avonlea Christmas



Two episodes from two different shows with a Christmas theme
Frankly, the only reason for getting this is if you're a diehard fan of both A Wind at My Back and Road to Avonlea. I think An Avonlea Christmas fared better as though it was missing some of the regular cast members, the story was still coherent and had some great acting, especially by Lally Cadeau as Janet King, and of course, Hetty King (Jackie Burroughs).
The "A Wind at My Back Christmas" was truly a disappointment because it does not have many of its original cast members, which is always a disappointment for those who have followed a show regularly (and A Wind at My Back was a wonderful series). The plot may also seem incoherent for those who are new to the show. This episode was lackluster and a letdown.
"An Avonlea Christmas", also known as "Happy Christmas Miss King" reunites some of the beloved cast members from the Road to Avonlea series, Road to Avonlea: The Complete First Season through Road to Avonlea: The Complete Seventh Volume. Unfortunately, many of the...

Television series and special Christmas shows.
I also watched this on the big screen and it was exceptionally good. Better than watching it on my old 25" tv.

Fantastic
I loved these shows. Everything was perfect. I know we will watch these episodes during Christmas year after year. They are great family entertainment.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment