Saturday, October 12, 2013

Payment on Demand



Good and rare. Not one of Davis' finest.
I have at least 16 Bette Davis DVD's at this point and am a HUGE fan. I even have the very rare 'Another Man's Poison' and a remastered version of 'Of Human Bondage' on DVD. I had never seen Payment on Demand and was wildly excited to get it in the mail.

It is a good film. It is not one of Davis' most memorable however. There isn't enough of her extraordinary acting ability in it. She plays it safe in this, for the most part. Still, she can get tears out of you at the end when she weeps in the car.

The picture quality is absolutely superb, as is the sound.

I recommend this to seasoned Davis collectors, but not for a new fan. This is not going to grab a "newbie" in any profound way. For that, I would recommend 'Now Voyager', 'The Letter' or 'All About Eve.'

Payment On Demand
I was thrilled to find this movie available on DVD for a very personal reason, my twin sister and I played Diane as a toddler, in the flash back scene. According to my Mother, I was the crying child, who Bette 'switched' with my twin sister,the sweet and well behaved one! (Trust me, that hasn't always been the case!) But what a trip, to watch us, almost 60 years later, being carried around by Bette Davis!!! CJH

Great Movie! Outrageous Price!
Great movie with an outrageous price. After purchasing I found out I can get the same title directly from Warner at $10 cheaper. Greatful to own this DVD. Recommended to all Bette Davis fans.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment