Sunday, October 6, 2013

America's Test Kitchen: The Complete 3rd Season



All Around Basic Kitchen Training
I don't think of myself as a beginner in the kitchen and I do a lot of cooking, but I'm mostly self taught from cookbooks, TV cooking shows, and things I've found on the Internet. I watch America's Test Kitchen with the idea of using it as sort of kitchen basic training. I think that it broadens my skills by showing me how to do some things I hadn't tried and gives me some hints and ideas which are even useful for the things I already do make. Overall, this series is really excellent for someone like me. I found some of the shows in Season 3 to be especially useful. If you want to learn to sear a steak and then make pan sauce you'll find a plain steak and a pepper steak version here. You'll see grilled pork chops with a spicy rub and smothered pork chops. You'll brown chicken fillets and again, make a pan sauce. You'll find a variety of classic pasta dishes. Seven shows cover baking, including a nice crusty European-style rustic bread and a long list of desserts.

With 26...

My Reviews on this series are all the same for a reason....
Folks doing what they know how to do - it doesn't get any better than this. I like that nothing is absurd or trendy.... no stirring TRUFFLE OIL into everything or insisting that EVERY GREEN VEGETABLE IS KALE. I've pretty much got all the DVDs now, and it is just good to wile away a rainy day making stock and letting them roll!

good
would recommend this products for purchase it gave me great ideas on food and preperation Thank you very much! WOW

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment