Thursday, October 3, 2013

Vegas: The City the Mob Made



THE Documentary about Vegas !
I bought this DVD 5 days ago and this is already one of my favorite documentary. I have over 40 Documentaries on DVD, from Unsolved Mysteries to Cities of the Underworld, and this documentary about The Mob/Vegas is by far one of the best I have ever seen. This great Documentary is a mix of so many things I find interesting: History, The Mob, The 30's-40's...I am a sucker for everything about History and everything about The Mafia, so buying this DVD was a no brainer. Everything about this DVD is great; The narrator, The music, The people interviewed, The Footage....And just to make this DVD even better is the fact that you can buy it for less than 10$ !! I actually bought it for 3.99$ here on Amazon !! Can you believe that, 4$ for a great Doc. like that one ?! Trust me, add this great documentary in your collection, you won't be disappointed.

The documentary is in 10 parts, each part is around 45 minutes long, the documentary is 7 Hours+ long. The listing is:
Episode...

Informative and Entertaining
I really learned a lot watching this documentary. The historians and locals interviewed are really well-informed and have a real sense of the city's history in the context of the much larger US history narrative. Some of the information in later episodes is repetitive, but the series does a good job of explaining the role of the mob in developing the city; the historical importance of Las Vegas dating from the 19th century (did you know the Mormons were important in the settlement of this oasis town?); and the changing times and attitudes in the US with regard to gambling, prostitution, drinking/prohibition; and most importantly, perhaps, corporate economic power.
Though I've driven through the city several times, I've never been intrigued by it. Now I am, thanks to this series.

Vegas: The City the Mob Made
This dvd details the early days of the mob, Vegas, and how they intersect. This is a wonderful set with so much information. I've learned something new on each epsiode. It is very well done and goes up until 2009. The picture quality is good for a cheap release. I highly recommend this if you enjoy stories of the mob or want to know more about Vegas in general. Vegas is my favorite place to visit and i'm very glad I got this set. I couldnt recommend this enough.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment