Tuesday, October 8, 2013

90210: The First Season



An entertaining series with cool characters and a lot of plot twists and turns but definitely an exciting first season!
With the announcement that "90210', based on the popular hit 1990's drama series "Beverly Hills 90210' would be returning to television and feature stars from the past but also new stars for the present, the series definitely received a lot of hype and excitement. The series would be created by Darren Star ("Runaway", "Cashmere Mafia", "Beverly Hills90210', "Melrose Place" and "Sex and the City") and developed by Rob Thomas ("Dawson's Creek" and "Veronica Mars"), Jeff Judah ("Life as We Know It") and Gabe Sachs ("Freaks & Geeks", "Just Shoot Me" and "Undeclared") and began airing on the CW in 2008.

The series revolves around Harry Wilson moving his family from Kansas back to his home in Beverly Hills to live with his rich mother Tabitha and become principal of West Beverly Hills High School and his teenage children Annie and adopted son Dixon getting used to their new environment. Similar to the original series, there are a lot of twists and turns, but to best...

Don't Let the Critics Fool You
I actually was late watching '90210' because I thought, "Hey, this seems like a stupid show." Having loved other tween shows such as 'Gossip Girl', 'Veronica Mars', and 'Glee', I figured I should give it a shot.

Let me say that I am GLAD that I discovered this series. Although it is highly campy, it matches the vitality of 'Gossip Girl' while still maintaining its own originality and flavor. The acting is so-so. I began watching this series because of one of my favorite actors Tristan Wilds ("The Wire", "Secret Life of Bees") stars in it, and he is actually one of the highlights of the show. He plays Dixon Wilson, an adopted African-American teen raised by a wealthy white family. His sister Annie Wilson, played by Shanae Grimes ("Degrassi"), is a lovable, yet indecisive teen trying to find solace in a new zip code alongside him.

The major plot of the series, to me, is acceptance: accepting what you have, accepting what you don't have, accepting what you want, and...

Horrible.
I struggled to watch this show from the evry start. I watched till the 3rd episode and I just can't take it anymore. Ms. Grimes is just so robotic she cannot act at all which is very sad as she seems to be one of the main character. Not worth your money at all.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment