Thursday, October 3, 2013

2008-2009 NBA Champions: Los Angeles Lakers



A must have DVD for any Lakers or Kobe fan
The DVD recaps the 2008-2009 season for the Lakers, starting with a brief recap of the loss to the Celtics in the 2007-2008 NBA Finals. The first 20 minutes or so covers highlights of the regular season with emphasis on bigger games such as the Christmas Day game against Boston and the road game against Cleveland (giving Cleveland their first home loss of the season), and Kobe's 61 point game in Madison Square Garden. It's also great that they show things such as Bynum getting injured again and the struggle to play without him. The next 10-15 minutes covers the Western Conference playoff matchups (Utah briefly, Houston, and Denver). The Houston and Denver series go more in depth since they were longer, harder fought series. The final 20-25 minutes or so covers each game of the NBA finals against Orlando, with a brief section on Orlando's great playoff run leading up to the Finals.

What I love about this DVD is that they not only cover most of the important games I...

We want tacos!
I'm sorry in advance for all the smug about to go down. It's been some weeks now, and I'm still basking in the moment. Big, huge, gynormous Lakers fan here, and I wanted to get my paws on this DVD so badly I ended up buying it off Wal-Mart, even though I'd already ordered the damn thing on Amazon. I've been following the L.A. Lakers since I caught their Finals series with Philadelphia back in 1983. L.A. would get friggin' swept, but I was hooked anyway. I was along for the ride during the Showtime era, the dog days with Nick the Quick and Sedale Threatt, the Shaq-Kobe years and the 3peat, and the fallout to that. Then the rebuilding, rebuilding, rebuilding...

After having gotten to the mountaintop last year and then getting shoved off the mountaintop, this season was either championship or bust. But this newest incarnation of the team, although highly regarded, certainly put its fans thru the wringer and provided its critics plenty of ammo. Most of the doubts stem from L.A...

Simply the Best
All I can say is that it was nearly as good as the previous 3 except no Shaq and no Mark Madsen dancing . But the entire show of it all, being in the Colliseum, also having the additional video in the special featurs menu make it Simply the besv video.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment