Thursday, October 3, 2013

Yoga Pulse: Pregnant, Fit & Tight Prenatal Workout



A little better each time...
Pros:
The 45-minute length of the workout is long enough to get in a good, challenging workout without taking all day.
Instructor is pregnant herself and is the lone instructor with a voice over (some workouts have a single non-pregnant instructor, which I think is kind of annoying.)
She goes through modifications you can do and also tells you which poses should and shouldn't be done near the end of your pregnancy based on what position your baby is in.
Some really good stretches and poses I haven't seen in other prenatal workouts (like cobra with a bolster)

Cons:
Thick accent and flight-attendant like cadence are distracting at first.
All the 'green light of the yoga pulse zones' is pretty cheesy, but easy to ignore

Bottom Line: not my favorite workout, but I like it better each time I do it. Probably not for those who have not practiced yoga before; it's somewhere between a beginner and intermediate level. For similar and...

I feel so good after doing this video!
I am 10 weeks pregnant and when I can't get out of the house to my prenatal yoga class, Yoga Pulse is the next best thing! Anastasia, the creator of Yoga Pulse, is a very knowledgeable teacher and her video is appropriate for both beginners and advanced practitioners. Each posture is given with great detail and a thorough explanation of why each pose is beneficial during pregnancy. They are designed to create balance and harmony within a pregnant body, while strengthening, stretching and alleviating many pregnancy discomforts. Also, I really enjoy the positive affirmations that are repeated throughout the video. I highly recommend this video; it makes you feel good from the inside out.

Not bad and she's nice
Liked this DVD. Thought she is very motivating with out being over-the-top. Seems like exercises that you can actually do with out much stress on my body.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment