Sunday, October 13, 2013

Goodbye; My Fancy



If Joan could speak from beyond the grave she would say: stop overcharging my audience for my movies
This is one 3 forgettable pictures (the other 2 being "Female on the Beach" and "This Woman is Dangerous") that Joan made during the '50s that have been somewhat hard-to-find. Besides a laser disc more than 10 years ago, "Goodbye, My Fancy" has never been released on any other format. This film reminds me of a cross between "Autumn Leaves" and "The Story of Esther Costello".

In this film, Joan plays a college alumni who returns to her alma matter to receive an honorary degree. There's also a subplot concerning Agatha (Joan's character) and an old flame. However, the plot moves around a lot and doesn't have a centric theme. It's almost like one of those pictures that just goes on for a bit before ending. It wasn't a bad movie though.

Here is a list of all of the recent Joan Crawford DVDs that Warner Bros. put out this year (note: none of these films have been remastered and are not special issues and everything is on DVD-minus-R):
Spring Fever (silent)...

A pleasure to watch...
I enjoyed viewing this movie from 1951. I had read the articles that talked about Joan Crawford's rude treatment of Janice Rule, but even knowing this was taking place in the background, the movie was fun. I am glad the movies that have not been available on video before are being released. My only disappointment has been the warning that it might not play on a DVD-R. I can only play this one on my DVD-R; it will not play at all on the DVD-player I have in another room. The picture is nice and clear. Get the movie, sit back, and enjoy! I did.

Joan Crawford Does It Again !
Goodbye, My Fancy is a good Joan Crawford drama. With wonderful support from Eve Arden. Made when Stars were Stars.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment