Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Wiggles Go Bananas!



This one is great
I am giving 5 stars because it's that good to me. My 3 year old son loves the dvd and I have to say I enjoyed it as well. An added bonus to me was, getting to see all the "real" animals. The wiggles are dressed as animals and that is cute and makes the kids laugh, but it also has lots of live animals. And of course all kids love animals. If you are a wiggles fan or if your little one loves animals you can't go wrong with this one. It's full of toe tapping songs, and lots of wiggle fun. I will have to say I missed seeing Benny in this dvd. I guess he has left the wiggles. Captain feathersword hasn't went anywhere:) He's still a ball of fun for the kids. The captain and Anthony is our favorites. Get the dvd, your kids will love it!

5 star rating for the kids, not for ME!
I personally find Wiggles Go Bananas to be kind of creepy! They are dressed up as animals in many of the songs and the back rounds are surreal and they have little jazz clips... it's all just a bit odd to me. So, as mom, this is probably my LEAST favorite Wiggles movie. I love the Wiggles, and I'm more partial to Greg, but I'm warming up to Sam. However, my rating isn't about what I think of the movie, it's what the kids think, and they were who it was intended for. This particular movie is a pretty big hit for all of my kids ages 2, 5 and 6. The 5 and 6 year old aren't as into the Wiggles as they were 2-3 years ago, but this movie did catch their attention and they like it.

Good but there are better Wiggle DVDs
Cute and catchy as usual, but it's all done in a studio with added computer graphics as opposed to studio plus outdoor shots like Big Red Car, etc. There are also very few animals in it and they make very brief cameo appearances--as another reviewer noted, the "animals" are Wiggles and Wiggles dancers in animal costumes. Very cute, but my 2 y/o loves animals and would rather see them. I personally like Wiggle Safari with Steve Irwin much, much better--plenty of live animals and far more more educational information on the animals.

If you're looking for a DVD with animals, go for Wiggles Safari. If you like the show format, try Big Red Car/Boat. If you just want some background music and videos, I would get You Make Me Feel Like Dancing before I got this one.

As negative as I sound, it's still Wiggles and your kids will probably still love it! The music is great and fun to sing and dance to, and the Wiggles deliver their usual high-energy entertaining performance...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment