Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ghost Adventures: Season One



A Good Scare for Your Money
I used to be a diehard Ghost Hunters fan. Well, now that Ghost Hunters are boring, aging, and faking evidence, I got interested again in watching Ghost Adventures. What these three guys achieve as far as REAL evidence, energetic film making, and giving us a more satisfying back story to each haunted location, is far above and beyond what Ghost Hunters is dredging out these days. I like the way Zak provokes "only the bad entities" and ultimately gets results. Their reactions to their interactions with the spirit world are genuine and fun to watch. These guys are the real deal and unlike GH, they scream and run sometimes, and you know what? So would I!!! That's why I love them. I love that they take more time to show us the history of the locations and they are very respectful of the people they interview. It just adds so much more to the show and to our experience. Try not to be moved by "Redbone", the ex-inmate of Moundsville Penitentiary, who couldn't wait to take the boys...

Season One
As this is their first season, it's a little rough around the edges but you can see them develop, become better at presenting their investigations and collecting observable phenomnena. Their enthusiasm for the investigations and finding what is really out there is entertaining.
Zak's aggressive approach to stir up emotional energy is quite successful at times.
Some of the episodes have some hard proof of paranormal activity - I find them very interesting, but it's my field of passion/study also.

Short and sweet loved it!
I am a big fan of these ghost hunter type things, but I would have to put this show on the top of my list.. it doesn't have the medium, i like that added touch, but I love it how this show just gets right into it, Zac is crazy with some of the stuff he says,but he doesn't run from an expereince and stays and plays it through.. ( a pet hate from other ghost investigation shows).
They also give you the history behind things and get a background... just love it and can't wait for more!!! :)

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment