Monday, September 30, 2013

Dexter: Seasons 1 - 3



A serial killer you .... root for!?
Dexter is a show on Showtime about Dexter Morgan, a Forensic Blood-Spatter spealist with the Miami PD. He's also has a very dark secret.. that he is a serial killer.. and he works for the police, a perfect cover!

---Without spoiling anything plot related here is a quick synopsis for anyone looking for a good reason to watch this.---

An adopted child from a young age, Dexter and his sister grew up with their loving foster father, who also happened to be an accomplished detective. His father, being a cop and all, sensed something different about Dexter, his desire to hurt things, small animals, ect, his detachment from the world, and lack of emotion toward anything. A smart detective, he recognized this for it was, that his son was heading down the road of a murderer. He does what any loving father would do of course... teach his son everything he knows, and how to get away with it. Realizing that Dexter's path would lead him only to the electric chair, he...

Stop rating based on price...
We all know good and well that the prices on Amazon fluctuate frequently. You just have to watch and wait for the best deal. Therefore your review should not be based on the price because that just makes it look bad and makes the star ratings pointless if they are all about price. For the record I got this from Amazon and not a seller for 53.99. The day after I ordered it, it was back up to 67. Point proven. Otherwise I will go ahead and rate the product. I love this show, it's amazing. The set is only the individual season sets packaged together, but it's still great. They are actual boxes, none of the cardboard slide in and out cases or anything else. I know it's not a Fox dvd set, but if you have ever bought any of those the boxes are like that. Examples would be Buffy, Angel, or Prison Break. I always like to know those types of things. I would definitely recommend this product to fellow Dexter lovers!

A Different Kind of CSI
I finally took advantage of getting what I pay for with my cable company. Prior to Season 3 of Dexter, I watched the first two seasons on DVD (Season One & Season Two). I used to send all this money to my cable company for subscribing to Showtime, and Dexter was never part of my regular TV viewing until 2008. Color me stupid. What was I missing out on?...Only the absolute best show on TV.

How good is it? Let's put it this way...I'm actually glad that I hadn't seen this until DVD, because my wife and I were able to watch the first two seasons in weeks versus like 3 months PER regular season on Showtime. We often watched three episodes in one night on the DVD sets. Alas, I couldn't wait for Season 3's release on DVD, so it was one episode of Dexter, one week at a time for Season 3.

So certainly one of the good things about...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment