Monday, September 30, 2013

Dexter: The Third Season



Another killer season
"Dexter" never disappoints! As a big fan of the show, I was concerned how Season 3 would play out now that one of my favorite characters, James Doakes, is out of the picture. I never should have worried, because the third season of "Dexter" was just as fabulous as the first two. This season mainly focuses on Dexter's (Michael C. Hall) personal relationships. He's working through some major issues with his deceased father, Harry (James Remar), and his relationship with Rita (Julie Benz) takes a surprising turn when she announces that she's pregnant with Dexter's child. All of these emotions cause Dexter to turn to an unlikely person...Assistant District Attorney Miguel Prado (Jimmy Smits), who takes a liking to Dexter and makes it his personal mission to become Dexter's BFF. No one is more surprised by this than Dexter, who discovers that he has more in common with Miguel than he possibly imagined. For the first time in his life, Dexter has a friend whom he can rely on and share (some)...

A Different Kind of CSI
I finally took advantage of getting what I pay for with my cable company. Prior to Season 3 of Dexter, I watched the first two seasons on DVD (Season One & Season Two). I used to send all this money to my cable company for subscribing to Showtime, and Dexter was never part of my regular TV viewing until 2008. Color me stupid. What was I missing out on?...Only the absolute best show on TV.

How good is it? Let's put it this way...I'm actually glad that I hadn't seen this until DVD, because my wife and I were able to watch the first two seasons in weeks versus like 3 months PER regular season on Showtime. We often watched three episodes in one night on the DVD sets. Alas, I couldn't wait for Season 3's release on DVD, so it was one episode of Dexter, one week at a time for Season 3.

So certainly one of the good things about...

Dexter, Part 3
Dexter is, hands down, the most brilliantly written television series I have ever watched. The pacing is downright perfection, the story telling and weaving is an absolute powerhouse of entertainment. Plus, the dialogue is nothing short of utterly amazing.

The cast is something that award shows lust for. Michael C. Hall was always brilliant on Six Feet Under - The Complete Series Gift Set. Since episode one he has proven that he can make a totally different character (than the interally conflicted gay brother who owns a funeral home w/his family.) He truly is an actor in the caliber of DeNiro or Nicholson, in my opinion.

The rest of the cast is amazing too. Jennifer Carpenter Quarantine (+ BD Live) [Blu-ray] is often called the weak link (by my wife and almost every woman I know for some reason,) however I disagree,...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment